Main luxurious hospitality firm 4 Seasons Resorts and Resorts and Atlantic Coast Hospitality, a subsidiary of Abu Dhabi-based actual property growth agency Q Holding, announce plans for the upcoming 4 Seasons Lodge Rabat at Kasr Al Bahr, anticipated to open in 2023.
Kasr Al Bahr, that means “fort of the ocean,” was constructed as a sprawling royal summer season palace within the nineteenth century, later turning into a navy hospital previous to closing in 1999. Following intensive renovations of the five-hectare (12-acre) cliffside retreat, 4 Seasons Lodge Rabat at Kasr Al Bahr will usher in a brand new period for the historic property with 204 luxuriously appointed rooms and suites overlooking the Atlantic Ocean.
“As 4 Seasons continues to develop its presence in Morocco, we’re proud to construct upon the success of our present properties in Marrakech and Casablanca whereas introducing a complementary expertise, this time within the nation’s capital metropolis,” says Bart Carnahan, President, World Enterprise Improvement and Portfolio Administration, 4 Seasons Resorts and Resorts. “We’re honoured that our companions at Atlantic Coast Hospitality have chosen 4 Seasons because the stewards of Kasr Al Bahr, and we stay up for introducing visitors to this dynamic vacation spot by way of a brand new luxurious hospitality expertise marked by our famend personalised service and high quality excellence.”
Rabat, Morocco’s capital metropolis, is situated on the shores of the Atlantic Ocean and effortlessly blends the treasures of its previous with dynamic choices for the fashionable luxurious traveller. Town holds a UNESCO World Heritage Web site designation and is usually recognized for its historic landmarks reflecting its previous French and longstanding Islamic influences such because the Hassan Tower and the Kasbah of the Oudayas. Guests can even benefit from the metropolis’s coastal setting with lovely seashores, bustling music festivals, and greater than 202 hectares (500 acres) of inexperienced house comprised of tranquil parks.
“As we rework Kasr Al Bahr for the long run, we’re proud to showcase Rabat’s historical past and tradition whereas making a world-class hospitality expertise for all who go to,” says Malik Awan, Director, Q Holding. “4 Seasons is the best companion for this necessary venture, and collectively we’re devoted to honouring this distinctive property whereas providing visitors the service and experiences they’ve grown to anticipate from this legendary model.”
4 Seasons Lodge Rabat at Kasr Al Bahr will function seven eating places and lounges; a spa with well-appointed remedy rooms and an indoor pool; a number of outside resort-style swimming pools; in addition to expansive convention and occasion house. The Lodge’s considerate restoration has been led by Moroccan-based architect Karim Chakor of META Atelier d’Structure, whereas Roger Nazarian and Associates have been chosen to guide the property’s inside design, landscaping and extra.
The Lodge will likely be led by Gregory Viaud as Common Supervisor. With greater than 19 years of expertise throughout a broad assortment of 4 Seasons properties globally, Gregory will handle the Lodge’s pre-opening operations, the second in his profession following his task at 4 Seasons Lodge Philadelphia at Comcast Middle. Most lately, Gregory was the Resort Supervisor at 4 Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World® Resort. Gregory and his group in Rabat have already begun making ready to welcome visitors with the real coronary heart and keenness for excellence for which 4 Seasons is famend worldwide.
4 Seasons Lodge Rabat at Kasr Al Bahr will be part of 4 Seasons rising assortment of properties in Morocco, together with 4 Seasons Resort Marrakech, 4 Seasons Lodge Casablanca and 4 Seasons Non-public Residences Marrakech at M Avenue
With quick access to key worldwide and regional hubs, the Lodge will likely be a 20-minute drive from Rabat–Salé Airport and 90 minutes from Casablanca’s Mohammed V Worldwide Airport. Guests also can make the most of Morocco’s high-speed prepare community for seamless journeys from Rabat to the important thing commerce hubs of Casablanca (45 minutes) and the white seashores of Tangier (1 hour 45 minutes).
The 4 Seasons assortment of distinctive and architecturally necessary heritage motels contains buildings whose origins vary from the fourteenth to the early twentieth centuries:
Upcoming historic restorations embody the third 4 Seasons expertise in Colombia with 4 Seasons Lodge and Non-public Residences Cartagena, the conversion of the famed Lodge Formentor in Mallorca, Spain, and the intensive renovation and restoration of Lodge Danieli, Venezia, A 4 Seasons Lodge.
• 4 Seasons Lodge Casa Medina Bogotá, designed in 1946 by famed Medellín -born architect Santiago Medina Mejia whose attribute stained glass home windows adorn the outside
• 4 Seasons Lodge Firenze, sensitively tailored over ten years from two Renaissance palaces and set in an idyllic 4.5-hectare (11-acre) backyard
• 4 Seasons Lodge Gresham Palace, an Artwork Nouveau landmark within the exceptional metropolis of Budapest
• 4 Seasons Lodge Istanbul at Sultanahmet, housed in a century-old neo-classical jail
• 4 Seasons Lodge Istanbul on the Bosphorus, remodeled from a nineteenth-century former Ottoman palace
• 4 Seasons Lodge George V, Paris, the legendary eight-storey landmark in-built 1928
• 4 Seasons Lodge Prague, comprised of a number of riverside multi-era buildings
• Grand-Hôtel du Cap-Ferrat, A 4 Seasons Lodge, the Côte d’Azur’s most legendary palace lodge, initially opened in 1908
• 4 Seasons Lodge at The Surf Membership, the previous social membership that hosted the likes of Elizabeth Taylor and Frank Sinatra, initially opened on New Yr’s Eve 1930 and re-opened as a 4 Seasons expertise in 2017
• 4 Seasons Lodge London at Ten Trinity Sq., the previous Port of London Authority, a Grade II*-listed heritage constructing overlooking the Thames River
• 4 Seasons Astir Palace Lodge Athens, the previous iconic Astir Palace south of Athens, now the primary 4 Seasons lodge in Greece
• Twenty Grosvenor Sq., A 4 Seasons Residence, the previous residence of the US Naval Forces in Europe and now the primary 4 Seasons standalone Non-public Residence
• 4 Seasons Lodge and Non-public Residences Madrid, which includes seven historic buildings within the coronary heart of the Spanish capital
• San Domenico Palace, Taormina, A 4 Seasons Lodge, composed of the Historic Convent Wing constructed on the positioning of a 14th-century convent, and the Grand Lodge Wing, a Liberty-style construction added in 1896
• 4 Seasons Lodge New Orleans, housed in a landmark modernist constructing accomplished in 1968, recognised on the Nationwide Register of Historic Locations since 2014
• 4 Seasons Lodge des Bergues Geneva, a historic neo-classical constructing, initially opened in 1894
• 4 Seasons Lodge Milano, an impeccably restored former convent courting to the fifteenth century