This recipe provides you the convenience and hands-off cooking time of a single sheet pan dinner, with all of the scrumptious taste of a stir fry. Roasted veggies and tofu mixed with leftover rice and a flavor-packed tamari sesame sauce make for a brilliant tasty meal with minimal hands-on cooking time. Ginger provides this recipe actual depth of taste and boosts your immune system with its highly effective anti-inflammatory and antiviral qualities. It additionally aids in digestion and helps cardiovascular well being. Tofu offers satiating protein and fiber, and may also help increase bone density as a wealthy vitamin D and calcium supply. Swap in no matter greens you may have readily available, and be happy to toss in some chopped spinach or different greens with the rice for an additional dose of plant energy.
Serves 2 (simply doubled)
Complete Time: 25 minutes
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- ½ purple onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 block additional agency tofu, pressed dry and reduce into ½ inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups cooked brown or white rice (swap in no matter cooked grain you like)
- Chopped scallions, to serve
- Preheat your oven to 450 levels. Put a big sheet pan in whereas the oven preheats so it will get scorching.
- When the oven is totally preheated and the sheet pan is scorching, add all of the components besides the rice and scallions, and toss properly to mix. Organize the greens and tofu in a fair, single layer on the pan and roast for 8 minutes.
- Toss every thing once more, and cook dinner for one more 5-6 minutes till the greens are tender and the tofu is starting to show crispy. Add the cooked rice, toss every thing properly and cook dinner for an extra 5 minutes till scorching.
- Out of the oven, add additional tamari or sesame oil to style and serve with the chopped scallions on prime. Take pleasure in!
Notice: Many grocery shops now promote par-cooked rice in a bag that cooks in your microwave or skillet in minutes. They’re bought frozen or shelf-stable and are a wonderful time-saver for fast, wholesome meals.